Omnibus: A Book Club for Grades 3-6
Representation matters. What children read forms who they are, how they see the world, what they imagine. Reading texts by diverse authors about diverse characters creates a broader, more inclusive view of the world. In this book club, children will be exposed to a variety of texts with the guidance to help contextualized and understand the material.
- Esperanza Rising, Pam Munoz Ryan
- Clayton Byrd Goes Underground, Rita-Williams Garcia
- The Heart of a Chief, Joseph Bruchac
- Inside Out and Back Again, Thanhha Lai
When: 2x/mo except holiday weekends | 3:30-4:30pm
- Feb 10
- Feb 24
- March 10
- March 24
- April 7
- April 28
- May 5
- May 19
What do you get?
- A copy of each book
- A parent guide for each of the books, highlighting issues that may spark family discussions
- Reading questions to help guide student reading
- Two meetings per month filled with discussion and activities
$50/month or $175 if paid in full at the time of registration
How to register
Download and complete registration form. Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mail completed form with a check payable to Thomas Jefferson School to
Thomas Jefferson School
Attn: Dr. Beth Human
4100 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63127
Email Dr. Beth Human at email@example.com.